REQUEST A QUOTE
Are you interested in a quote or demonstration of the Valmar 55 Series? Please fill out the form below and one of our Territory Managers will be in touch shortly.
VALMAR 55 Series Implement-Mount Granular Applicators
Salford's Valmar 55 series line of seeders excel at cover crop application. The 55 series quickly and accurately meter a variety of seed and granular product sizes at a range of rates suited for cover crop seeding. The 55 Series seeders are best known for their value, versatility and adaptability. 55 series seeders are routinely setup for seeding with tillage implements, heavy harrows, high clearance sprayers, and a variety of other implements allowing producers to accomplish more work with each pass.
A Better Applicator through Better Design
Whether you’re seeding or applying herbicides, a Salford Valmar 55 Series implement-mount applicator is designed to deliver unparalleled accuracy under a wide variety of ground conditions. Its rugged construction is sturdy enough to withstand the rigors of commercial use. With this level of built-in durability, the 55 Series is the right choice for your farm operation. Moreover, it incorporates a number of innovative features designed to make granular application easier, safer, and more precise than ever.
Accurate Metering System
The Valmar 55 Series applicators achieve their accuracy thanks to a ground-driven metering system that ensures an accurate application rate regardless of ground speed. 55 Series applicators use a 60-speed gearbox that allows the application rate to be increased or decreased in increments of five percent. Drive ratio changes can be made at the gearbox, eliminating the need to move chains and realign sprockets. For cropping conditions that require a rate change on the go, an optional Alternate Rate Kit can be added to allow an instantaneous rate change. Or, simply by installing a hydraulic drive system such as the Rawson AccuRate®, you can eliminate the ground drive and be ready for use with most GPS or variable rate systems.
Features for Smoother Operation
A handy sight gauge on the 55 Series applicators enables operators to visually check the product level in the hopper. The 55 Series also features a manifold pressure gauge to ensure an adequate air flow is maintained for even product distribution. Finally, a warning light and buzzer are included on the in-cab control unit to alert the operator of any problem with the air supply.
Calibrating an applicator is necessary to ensure proper flow rates, especially when determining the settings for new products or various sizes of seed and seed mixtures. The 55 Series applicators make this process easier by allowing the venturi and manifold system to be dropped so that a funnel tray can be inserted for easy collection of product. Operators can use the crank handle to simulate ground travel and establish precise calibration of any product. This also makes emptying the hopper an easy and safe procedure.
Easy Maintenance and Cleaning
The 55 Series applicators feature a number of innovations that make maintenance and cleaning easier. Perhaps most important is the location of the hopper shaft. By placing the shaft outside the hopper, product stays clear of the bearings and allows them to be serviced even with a full hopper. The outside shaft provides the added benefit of enabling the electric clutch installation to allow half-width application on either side of the implement (not available on the 1655). A convenient hopper-bottom slide gate enables the rollers to be removed for servicing or cleaning without draining product from the hopper.
Mounting options for your 55 series
Valmar 3-Point Hitch Mounting Option
Choose Your Implement - The 3-point hitch mount uses an integrated drawbar rated for 350 hp. A heavier duty, 600 hp rated version is also available on request. The ease of hitching and unhitching different implements makes it easy to use the 55 Series applicators with multiple implements on the same farm. All hydraulic and electrical hook-ups are transferred to the rear of the unit as well. Switch between applying starter fertilizer with your planter to seeding cover crops with your tillage tool in no time.
Ease of Operation -The applicator itself has a platform for easy access to the hopper and a ladder that folds away while in operation. The 3 point applicator box also has integrated stands for storage or easy hook up and dismount from the tractor linkage
Valmar Tow-Behind Mounting Option
A Safer Option - The new platforms are designed to be more operator friendly and safer. With the new options available, operators are able to easily fill and calibrate the 55 series without having to climb over the implement’s frame to get to your Valmar.
Integration Simplicity - The 3-point hitch mount and the Valmar tow behind eliminate the need for implement specific mounting brackets and hardware making the 55 Series instantly compatible with virtually any implement. The ‘turn-key’ solution greatly simplifies setup requirements.
For more information on the new Valmar 3 point and pull behind mounting options, visit salfordgroup.com/3-pt-pull-behind !
- Application Width
- 1655: 16 outlets/16–40 ft.
- 2455: 24 outlets/24–60 ft.
- 3255: 32 outlets/32–80 ft.
- 1655: 33 cu. ft. (900 lb.)*
- 2455: 40 cu. ft. (1800 lb.)*
- 3255: 60 cu. ft. (2250 lb.)*
- Mild steel with two-component epoxy primer and two-component cross-linked acrylic top coat paint system
- Weather tight lid
- Product level sight gauge
- Hopper bottom shut-off slide gates
*Based on 45 lb./cu. ft.
- 1.25 in. ID flexible PVC hose (1 in. ID on 1655)
- Broadcast deflectors mount individually to the implement frame
- Ground driven (hydraulic drive is available)
- Half shut-off on either side (except 1655)
- 28-groove plastic fluted metering rollers – 12-groove available for more coarse material or higher rates
- In-cab electric clutch control and air manifold monitor
- 60-speed gearbox with 5% between settings
- Air manifold and venturi system drop for easy cleaning
- Hydraulic or gas engine drive
- 1655: Hydraulic – 8 gal./min.; 9 HP gas engine.
- 2455: Hydraulic – 11.5 gal./min.; 11 HP gas engine
- 3255: Hydraulic – 11.5 gal./min.; 11 HP gas engine
- 16-in. impeller with 3-in. outlet (1655) or 18-in. impeller with 4-in. outlet
- Operates at 3200–4000 RPM
- Mounting kits for Salford vertical tillage and various cultivators and harrow bars
- 12-groove roller assemblies for coarse material
- Fitted tarp
- Outlet blocker kits and line splitters to match a specific number of required runs in special mounting situations
- Agitator kits
- 1655: 510 lb. empty; 810 lb. shipping
- 2455: 800 lb. empty; 1300 lb. shipping
- 3255: 900 lb. empty; 1640 lb. shipping