REQUEST A QUOTE
Are you interested in getting more information or a quote for the 550? Please fill out the form below and one of our Territory Managers will be in touch shortly.
550 S-Tine, two-piece S-tine, and C-shank Cultivators
Strength, durability, and performance are standard features on Salford field cultivators. Hydraulic self-leveling frames and fine-adjust single-point depth control are standard features. Capped, all-tubular steel frames add to the strength of the machine, and 4" x 6" main beams and 2.5" x 2.5" tine bars stand up to the toughest operating conditions. Fewer hinge points greatly reduce wear on Salford cultivators, lowering maintenance costs over the life of these durable machines.
New two-piece S-tine models are available with 26 inches of under-frame clearance, 4.5-inch shank spacing, and a four-inch cast chrome high wear point.
The stiffer tine increases the stir and vibration of Salford S-tine equipment for improved leveling and commodity incorporation.
- Tandem wheels on main frame and wings
- Adjustable tip pressure to 270 lbs on C-shank models
- Manual adjustable gauge wheels on primary wing only
- Category 3 hitch with bolt in adapter or Category 4 hitch
- Hydraulic self-leveling frame
- Single point hydraulic depth control
- Safety chain, SMV sign, safety lights
- “Land-hugger” floating frame with manual adjust caster wheels (available on 40’ models only)
- Adjustable tow hitch (one-man hook-up)
- Hydraulic lines and quick coupler to tow hitch
|550 Field Cultivators|
|Working Width||6-Bar S-Tine models
# of Tines
|H.P. Required||H.P. Required|
|28' (8.53 m)||84||N/A||67||21||60-80|
|30' (9.14 m)||90||80||73||31||80-100|
|32' (9.75 m)||96||N/A||77||33||95-115|
|40' (12.19 m) **||120||108||97||37||100-125|
|**Bi-fold Frame, See Dealer or Call Salford for Transport Specs and Weights|
|Operation and Application||S-Tine||C-Shank|
|Operating Depth||1.5" - 4" (0.04 - 0.10 m)||2" - 6" (0.05 - 0.15 m)|
|Operating Speed||5.5 - 9 mph (8.85 - 14.48 kph)||4.5 - 7 mph (7.24 - 11.27 kph)|
|% of Residue Bured in one pass||20 - 30||40 - 50|
|Seed Bed Preparation||Excellent||Excellent|
|Incorporation of Chemical/Fertilizer||Excellent||Excellent|
|Surface Compaction Removal||Excellent||Excellent|
|Deep Compaction Removal (12"+)||N/A||N/A|