Request a Quote
Are you interested in a quote or demonstration of the 8600? Please fill out the form below and one of our Territory Managers will be in touch shortly.
VALMAR AIRFLO 8600 PULL-TYPE
AIR BOOM APPLICATOR
GREATER CAPACITY AND FLEXIBILITY
Salford Group's Valmar 8600 pull-type air boom applicator is a high capacity, high speed fertilizer, seed, nutrient, and herbicide applicator capable of delivering 1000 lbs/acre at 8 mph. The highly accurate Venturi metering system is simple to calibrate and easy to operate so anyone take to the field.
The 8600 has left/right section control that can be operated manually or automatically with presciption maps when equipped with hydraulic variable rate metering and ISOBUS controller. For more features and other details click through the tabs above or get in contact with us. The 8600 is an air boom applicator you can rely on for both savings and endurance.
COVER MORE ACRES IN LESS TIME
Designed to meet the needs of large-scale farms, the 8600 is a high-capacity pull-type spreader that delivers the highest rates of nutrient application commercially available. The XL 230-cubic-foot hopper can carry up to seven tons of product. Finish jobs faster than ever with rates as high as 1,000 pounds/acre at 8 mph.
The Airflo 8600 precise rate is a result of the ground-driven metering system that automatically adjusts to ensure a uniform herbicide application rate at any speed. Operators may select from more settings in closer increments, a feature that provides more distribution control and therefore more savings. The 8600 can also be equipped with a hydraulic drive metering system for variable rate technology.
IDEAL FOR ROW CROP FARMING
Originally designed to meet the needs of row crop farmers, the 8600 features axles adjustable from 72 inches to 120 inches, accomodating most row spacing. Optional tire sizes can achieve greater flotation or narrower tracking.
HIGH CAPACITY PTO OR HYDRAULIC DRIVEN FAN
This fan has an operating speed of 4,700 RPM, and the fan’s air flow feeds through a nine-inch outlet directly to a two-piece manifold. Important features include a 17-inch fan impeller with plastic impeller blades and a four-band fan belt with tightener. The standard fan drive is a 1,000 RPM, 1 3/8-inch, 21T spline drive shaft. An optional 20T, 1 3/4-inch yoke with bridge is available for those requiring a larger driveline. Valmar also offers an optional hydraulic driven fan drive.
DURABLE AND EASY TO MAINTAIN
For long life, the AirFlo 8600's hopper and booms are manufactured from stainless steel. Enjoy easy access to all mechanical parts including the manifold. Calibration and emptying of the unit is simple due to funnel trays that are inserted under the metering system for easy collection.
CHOOSE YOUR BOOM WIDTH
The Valmar 8600 comes with a standard 66-foot boom but can also be equipped with optional boom widths of 60 feet, 54 feet or 57 feet. Booms are hydraulically folded and feature a hydraulic shut-off on the right boom to allow application on the left side only. All booms are equipped with rubber torsion boom suspension to reduce wear. Manual folding, break-away tips minimize damage from field obstacles.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Second Metering System - Apply herbicide, seed, or micro-nutrients at the same time as you apply fertilizer with an additional metering system. By adjusting the built-in hopper panel, you can create two separate hoppers. It comes with its own 60-speed ground driven gearbox, two 12-inch, 28-groove (red) rollers, electric control box, and electrically operated clutches which allow in-cab half shut-off of either boom.
Roller - An optional 12-groove roller is available for the application of coarser materials.
Foam Markers - Simpson SKS foam markers are available.
Hopper Screen Assembly - Keeps out foreign material.
PREVENT EROSION, MAXIMIZE FERTILITY
Salford's Valmar air boom applicators gently and accurately handle seed, fertilizer and other granular materials like herbicides. Equipped with 60 ft booms and drop tube kit, the 8600 delivers granular product on 30 inch centers. Combined with row crop tire options, the 8600 has the clearance to direct cover crops between rows of established corn crops.
Unsure about cover crops? Improving overall soil health enhances crop yields and even cut down on fertilizer spending. For detailed information on cover crop benefits, take a look at our Cover Crop page.
- 8611 - 11 ton / 357 cubic foot
- Painted, 409 stainless steel
- Roll tarp installed
- Secondary hopper split and 60 cubic foot secondary metering drive is optional
- Fill screens with access doors to hopper(s)
- Hopper screen/filter
- Single axle with 10 bolt hub
- 8608 - 14.9 inch 380/85 R38
- 8608 - 28L-26 R3, 750/65 R1
- 8611 - 800/65 R32 tire
- 8611 - 380/90 R46
- Optional Digi-Star scale kit
- Maximum rates 1000 lbs/acre at 8 mph
- Hydraulically engaged metering and mechanical clutch for half shut-off on right hand or left hand
- Oil bath metering drive gear box with 30 settings and 2 speed gear ratio for 60 settings at 5% increments
HYDRAULIC DRIVE (OPTIONAL)
- ISOBUS Section Control Kit*
- Two motor independent drive left hand/right hand hydraulic main metering
- For use with 3rd party ISObus cab consoles utilizing prescription mapping (i.e. John Deere 2630TM Case IH Pro 700TM , etc.)
- 60 speed metering gearbox with 5% between settings
- In-cab electric clutch control with 1/2 shut off on either side
- Single motor drive hydraulic metering kit with electric clutches for left hand/right hand on/off.
PTO Fan Drive
- 1000 RPM CV, 13⁄8 or 13⁄4 in. 21 spline driveline
Optional Hydraulic Fan Drive
- Requires 21 GPM operating at 2500 PSI
- 3/4 inch hydraulic lines
- 1/2 inch couplers and 3/4 inch high flow couplers included
- Case drain required
- Rubber torsion boom suspension and shock absorber
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Breakaway tips
- Transport: Hitch 1040 lbs, Axle 5960 lbs
- Field: Hitch 1360 lbs, Axle 5640 lbs
- Transport Width: 9 feet 10 inches
- Transport Height: 12 feet