Salford Group strives to help farmers build productive high-yielding soils, by designing, manufacturing and marketing some of the most innovative tools available in commercial agriculture today. Salford maintains and continuously works to improve a full line of tillage, seeding and fertilizer application equipment.
Salford Group machinery has been built by employees with agricultural backgrounds and continues to develop machines with producer input and extensive on-farm testing to back up state of the art computer aided design models. This blend of experience and technology makes Salford the choice of commercial agricultural enterprises.
With facilities Iowa, Ontario, Manitoba, Georgia and Russia, Salford Group is a global leader in the manufacturing of tillage, seeding, and precision application equipment. The company dedicates its ongoing efforts to precision, durability, versatility in the field, and improving the economics of farming worldwide.
Salford Group is currently seeking a reliable person to work in their Welding Department, at Salford, Ontario head office – located south of Ingersoll on Hwy 19, near 401 and in our Norwich facility at 20 Phebe street (Turn east at lights, last street turn right). The successful candidate will be part of a Manufacturing team responsible for welding and fitting of agricultural equipment.
· 1 -2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Experience working with hydraulics, electronic equipment, and other mechanical work is preferred
· Attention to detail
· Perform quality checks on products and parts
· Assemble finished products and parts
· Assemble finished product and prepare them for shipment
· Ability to troubleshot by identifying mechanical errors
· Maintain clean work areas and equipment
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to ensure work is performed according to specifications
· Operate machinery and heavy equipment
· Knowledge of advanced manufacturing technics such as Kanban, Lean, would be a definite asset
· Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Must be organized, proactive and maintain a positive attitude in the work place
· Superior safety standards and practices
· Positive attendance history required
This position has seasonal and full-time openings for days and nights, with additional overtime available.
Days Monday to Friday, 42 hour/week
Nights Monday to Thursday, 42 hours/week
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the job posting title in the subject line. Resumes can be dropped off at either Norwich or Salford
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.