Co-op Student Placement Position - Mechanical Design Engineer/Technologist
Salford Group strives to help farmers build productive high-yielding soils, by designing, manufacturing and marketing some of the most innovative tools available in commercial agriculture today. Salford maintains and continuously works to improve a full line of tillage, seeding and fertilizer application equipment.
Salford Group equipment has been built by employees with agricultural backgrounds and continues to develop machines with producer input and extensive on-farm testing following state of the art computer aided design models. This blend of experience and technology makes Salford the choice of commercial agricultural enterprise.
With facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Ontario, Manitoba, and Russia, is a global leader in the manufacturing of tillage, seeding, and precision nutrient application equipment. The company dedicates its ongoing innovation efforts to precision, durability, versatility in the field, and improving the economics of farming for producers worldwide.
Salford Group is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer/Technologist student for the co-op term of September-December 2017 (Fall 2017), for a placement at its head office, located on Hwy 19 – 10 mins south of Ingersoll, near the 401. This job posting closes July 15, 2017. Salford is also open to receiving applicants for alternative co-op terms.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer located at the Salford, Ontario Head Office you will work with a Sr. Mechanical Designer under the direction of the Engineering Manager. You will use Solidworks to design components, create and maintain assembly manuals and bills of materials. You will need to collaborate with production to do first-off checks, fit-ups and any design changes throughout a project. You will ensure timely and quality project delivery in accordance to applicable standards, regulations and procedures. Salford offers Engineer-in-Training validation if required.
· Currently enrolled in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of Mechanical Design related program
· Mechanical aptitude in both hands-on and design capabilities
· Proven troubleshooting skills, detailed knowledge of agricultural machinery is considered a very strong asset
· Comfortable working as a team member or working independently
· Strong organizational skills, manage multiple priorities
· Effective communication skills, written and oral, with attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of standard office software packages such as Office, Word, Excel,
· Proficiency in Solidworks 3D CAD and COSMOS FEA an asset
· Agriculture background an asset
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the job title and your name in the subject line.
Accommodations may be requested in advance of the interview process. We appreciate your interest in our company and opening. Selected candidates only will be contacted. No phone calls, please.