Job Posting – Information Technology - IT Support Specialist
Location: Salford, ON (10 min South of Ingersoll).
Company Background: Salford is a cutting edge original equipment manufacturer of high-end tillage and seeding equipment. Our very successful product lines are sold all over the world and we continue to lead the way in technical innovation, with manufacturing facilities in Ontario, Iowa, Georgia, Manitoba and Western Russia. This position will be located at the Salford Head Office, about 10 minutes South of Ingersoll.
For more information on Salford, visit our website at www.salfordgroup.com
Job Description: As a full-time employee at Salford, you will become a member of the Information Technology (IT) team. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to a variety of projects and tasks. You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computers systems and networks across the organization.
At Salford, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to go inside the central operations of a rapidly growing international organization. You will be entrusted with a high level of responsibility and the opportunity for overtime hours. Position may require work to be performed outside regular business hours.
· Provide first level IT support to all manufacturing sites and remote employees
· Record, track and respond to incidents through corporate IT ticket system
· Manage provisioning and decommissioning ofemployee accounts, hardware and software
· Install and configure IT hardware including workstations, printers, phones, etc.
· Maintain and support computer and telecommunication systems
· Work closely with third party IT company
· Coordinate work packages with external vendors and service providers
· Assist with scheduled maintenance upgrades
· Assist with higher level technical projects and assignments
· College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or technology related field
· Experience working with Windows client and server systems and applications
· Proficient in MS Office applications and other technologies (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively to technical and nontechnical audiences
· Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude
· Experience with any of the following considered an asset:
o MS Exchange, SQL Server
o Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
o VMWare, Veeam
o SolidWorks CAD and EPDM
o ERP software (Infor, Dynamics, SAP, etc.)
o Nesting software (SigmaNEST, ProNest, etc.)
o Engineering, manufacturing and/or distribution processes
Please apply to email@example.com, reference your name and job title in the subject line. Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants contacted for an interview may be asked to provide a transcript.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.