Salford Group strives to help farmers build productive high-yielding soils, by designing, manufacturing and marketing some of the most innovative tools available in commercial agriculture today. Salford maintains and continuously works to improve a full line of tillage, seeding and fertilizer application equipment.
Salford Group machinery has been built by employees with agricultural backgrounds and continues to develop machines with producer input and extensive on-farm testing to back up state of the art computer aided design models. This blend of experience and technology makes Salford the choice of commercial agricultural enterprise.
Salford Group, with facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Ontario, Manitoba, and Russia, is a global leader in the manufacturing of tillage, seeding, and precision nutrient application equipment. The company dedicates its ongoing innovation efforts to precision, durability, versatility in the field, and improving the economics of farming for producers worldwide
Salford Group is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer/Engineer for the Head Office located south of Ingersoll on Hwy 19, near the 401.
As a Mechanical Designer/Engineer located at the Salford, Ontario Head Office under the direction of the Engineering Manager you will oversee projects and be directly involved in product development and its various aspects throughout the product life cycle process. Design Engineers work collaboratively with a group of Mechanical Designers, Customers, Sales, Service and Manufacturing to accomplish designs from initial concepts to final product. Daily activities include participation in design review meetings, FEA design analysis, hands on product fatigue testing and actual field testing. Creating and maintaining product documentation throughout the design process is also a responsibility. This is a well-rounded position with plenty of opportunities for personal and career growth.
- 3-5 years mechanical design experience in agriculture or mobile/off road equipment
- Agricultural background with detailed knowledge of agricultural machinery
- Mechanical aptitude in both hands on and design capabilities
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree
- Comfortable working as a team member or taking the lead on a project
- Strong organizational skills, manage multiple priorities
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of standard office software packages such as Office, Word, Excel, Proficiency in Solidworks 3D CAD and COSMOS FEA an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
Accommodations may be requested in advance of the interview process. We appreciate your interest in our company and opening. Selected candidates only will be contacted. No phone calls please.