Salford Group strives to help farmers build productive high-yielding soils, by designing, manufacturing and marketing some of the most innovative tools available in commercial agriculture today. Salford maintains and continuously works to improve a full line of tillage, seeding and fertilizer application equipment.
Salford Group machinery has been built by employees with agricultural backgrounds and continues to develop machines with producer input and extensive on-farm testing to back up state of the art computer aided design models. This blend of experience and technology makes Salford the choice of commercial agricultural enterprise.
With facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Ontario, Manitoba, and Russia, Salford Group is a global leader in the manufacturing of tillage, seeding, and precision nutrient application equipment. The company dedicates its ongoing innovation efforts to precision, durability, versatility in the field, and improving the economics of farming for producers worldwide
Salford Group is currently seeking a reliable person to work in their Welding Department, at Salford, Ontario head office – located south of Ingersoll on Hwy 19, near 401 and in our Norwich facility at 20 Phebe street (Turn east at lights, last street turn right). The successful candidate will be part of a Manufacturing team responsible for welding and fitting of agricultural equipment.
- 1-2 years Welding experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- CWB not required, capable of MIG welding. Must be able to pass internal weld test
- Weld components as per Salford Group standards and specifications ensuring that tolerances are met
- Components must be fit according to blue prints for custom and standard designs
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Must be able to handle repetitive movement, standing on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques such as Kanban, Lean would be a definite asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be organized, proactive and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Superior safety standards and practices
- Positive attendance history required
This positioning has full time openings for days and nights, with additional overtime available.
Days: Monday-Friday, 42 hours/week
Nights: Monday-Thursday, 42 hours/week
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the job posting title in the subject line.
Successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.