Request a Quote
Are you interested in a quote or demonstration of the 6700? Please fill out the form below and one of our Territory Managers will be in touch shortly.
VALMAR AB350CF2M MOUNTED AIR BOOM APPLICATOR FOR CASE IH® TITAN
Aim further. Apply On-Target.
This new Salford 6700 chassis mounted air boom applicator is engineered for select Case IH floater chassis. With a 70 ft application width and the versatile new hopper you can accurately meter one, two or three products at once allowing you to apply granular fertilizer, granular herbicide or combinations of products, in one pass.
REVOLUTIONARY NEW HOPPER DESIGN
This new 6700 model is capable of applying one, two, or three products at once with various hopper configurations. Empty hoppers can be adjusted in seconds, no tools or bin inserts required.
simple, accurate application
Salford’s latest 6700 model features Valmar’s Venturi metering design with proven reliablity and simple maintenance.
Reduce application overlap and save on input costs with variable rate application and left/right section control.
Engineered specifically for the Case IH® Titan 20, 30 and 40 series floater chassis, this 6700 model will itegrate seamlessly with your chassis.
The main bin of the hopper has dual 14-inch stainless steel chain mesh conveyors that allow for two section (LH and RH) separate ON/OFF controls. This is driven by the chassis’ hydraulic system and controlled by the ISOBUS ECU. The micro-nutrient metering is also two section but metered by LH and RH roller meters. A 28-groove staggered flute or 12-groove straight flute is available to choose from. The micro-nutrient hopper is also hydraulic variable rate controlled. The two-section micro nutrient hopper, metered with either 28-groove staggered flute or 12-groove straight flute, is also variable rate controlled.
The patent pending air booms on the 6700 are rear mounted, to minimize accumulation of fertilizer on the chassis, and are made from 304 stainless steel with a spread width of 60 feet. Fertilizer outlets are spaced 30-inches apart for inter-row application. The deflector plates for the booms are standard equipment, inter-row drop tubes are optional. The booms are two-section, hydraulically folding, with a spring-loaded breakaway on the tip. The booms feature hydraulic suspension, with accumulators for stability at higher field speeds.
The tip of each boom can be independently raised and lowered during operation with manual hydraulic controls from inside the cab. The Venturi Air Manifold System is supplied by a 17 inch hydraulically driven fan.
The 6700 is controlled using the same proven technology found on Salford’s pull-type applicators. The ISOBUS controller offers full swath variable rate and LH/RH section control capability. For Case IH® Floaters, the 6700 can also be ordered as “rate control ready”, which includes all sensors, flow control valves, and the main implement harness. The “rate control ready” option excludes the Salford Spreader ECU while allowing the customer to install a compatible 3rd party controller. PWM valves are used to control the chains and roller motors, giving the system quick response times for changing application rates.
Application and Usage
The 6700 is ideal for granular fertilizer application, either broadcast prior to seeding, or post-emergence between rows, with the optional drop tube kit.
The optional drop tube kit, combined with the high clearance sprayer body, also allows the 6700 to apply cover crops into standing corn before leaf drop, allowing cover crops to begin establishing before harvest in regions with shorter growing seasons.
The 6700’s micro hopper is also capable of metering granular chemicals.
The hopper comes with a complete mounting kit that includes: hydraulic connections for pressure, return, load sense, and case drain. For ease of installation, the hopper comes with 4 lift points for installation. Additional standard features for easy installation include: lighting and ISOBUS quick connections, along with mounting hardware.
- Hopper Material: 409 Stainless Steel (Painted to match chassis)
- 3 Compartments (2 x Main Products + 1 Micronutrient/Cover Crop/Granular Chemical)
- Configuration Apply one, two, or three products at once with various hopper configurations.
- 304 Stainless steel bin screen
- Hopper Combination 1 Capacity 1) 208 cu-ft 2) 95 cu-ft 3) 45 cu-ft
- Hopper Combination 2 Capacity 1) 208 cu-ft 2) 140 cu-ft
- Hopper Combination 3 Capacity 1) 175 cu-ft 2) 129 cu-ft 3) 45 cu-ft
- Hopper Combination 4 Capacity 1) 175 cu-ft 2) 174 cu-ft
- Case IH® Titan (20, 30 and 40 Series)
|Case IH® Titan - 3 Wheel Models||Case IH® Titan - 4 Wheel Models|
- Post-Harvest (Fall)
METERING & APPLICATION RATES
- Ventrui distribution with 22" hydraulic fan
- Prescription Ready: Yes
- Section Control: 2-Sections (LH & RH) - Manual & Automatic Control
- Performance: Max Rate: 400 lbs @ 14 mph
- Drive: Hydraulic (Variable Rate)
- Metering Conveyor: Stainless Steel Mesh Chains
- Dual, independently driven 16" 304 stainless steel mesh chain conveyors (1 LH & 1 RH
- Manually adjustable chain tensioner
- Configuration: LH & RH Conveyors (2-Sections)
- Drive: Hydraulic (Variable Rate)
- Roller Meter:: 28-Groove Staggered Flute or 12-Groove Straight Flute
- Width: 70-foot spread
- Material: 304 stainless steel
- Hydraulic Bi-fold booms with spring protected break-away tips
- Hydraulic boom suspension with boom tip height adjustment