Request a Quote
Are you interested in a quote or demonstration of the 6700? Please fill out the form below and one of our Territory Managers will be in touch shortly.
VALMAR AIRFLO 6700 CHASSIS MOUNTED AIR BOOM APPLICATOR FOR JOHN DEERE® SPRAYER CHASSIS
Salford Group is offering its exclusive 6700 Mounted Air Boom Applicator for late model, used and trade-in John Deere® Sprayer Chassis. This new addition to the Salford-Valmar product lineup offers producers and custom applicators new options for multi-product, multi-purpose, granular fertilizer, granular herbicide, and cover crop application, prior to and during the growing season.
The 6700 comes loaded with standard features, including: Rate control ready for Deere’s RC2000 ECU, a micro-nutrient hopper, dual 14-inch stainless steel mesh bed chains, hydraulic boom suspension, 60-foot booms with row-crop outlet spacing, and optional drop tubes for applying fertilizer between rows, below the canopy. Mounted on John Deere’s® high clearance chassis, the 6700 allows producers to apply the right product, at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place. Additionally, the 6700 is equipped to seed inter-row cover crops, to allow the crop to establish before the canopy closes.
Dual , independently driven 14" 304 stainless steel mesh chain conveyors
(1 LH & 1 RH)
Hydraulic boom suspension with manual boom tip height adjustment from cab
Hydraulically folding breakaway boom tips
17" Hydraulic Fan - constant fan speed set by needle valve
Secondary micronutrient hopper with roller metering system and flip gate
(Flip gate allows micro-nutrient hopper capacity to merge with main hopper capacity when not used)
Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic connections to chassis
(Some additional Deere components to be supplied by dealer for install - see next page for details)
Lighting and reflectors according to transportation regulations
Manual adjustable chain tension
Fan speed, meter speed, bin level sensors-ready, flow control valves and main implement harness
(ECU and additional harnessing NOT included in base price - please see Controller and Light Harness Options)
Subframe and 4-point mounting for sprayer chassis
The hopper of the 6700 Mounted Boom Applicator is constructed from 409 stainless steel and painted to match the sprayer. The total struck capacity of the hopper is 200 cubic feet. All hoppers come standard with a flip gate to offer a micro-nutrient hopper with 45 cubic feet of capacity, which reduces the main hopper capacity to 155 cubic feet. The hopper features a front sight window and two rear facing work lights for enhanced night time visibility.
The hopper comes loaded with features, designed for ease-of-use, safety, and simplified tendering. Some hopper features include: an electric roll tarp, bin screens to filter clumps and foreign objects, a front sight window, two rear facing lights, and in the interest of sound suppression and protection from debris – the fan is tucked away in cavity between the main and micro hoppers.
The main bin of the hopper has dual 14-inch stainless steel chain mesh conveyors that allow for two section (LH and RH) separate ON/OFF controls. This is driven by the chassis’ hydraulic system and controlled by the ISOBUS ECU. The micro-nutrient variable rate metering is also two section but metered by LH and RH roller meters. A 28-groove staggered flute or 12-groove straight flute is available to choose from. The micro-nutrient hopper is also hydraulic variable rate controlled.
Above diagram: The center outlet gives users the ability to straddle 4 rows with 120” axle centers.
The patent pending air booms on the 6700 are rear mounted, to minimize accumulation of fertilizer on the chassis, and are made from 304 stainless steel with a spread width of 60 feet. Fertilizer outlets are spaced 30-inches apart for inter-row application. The deflector plates for the booms are standard equipment, inter-row drop tubes are optional. The booms are two-section, hydraulically folding, with a spring-loaded breakaway on the tip. The booms feature hydraulic suspension, with accumulators for stability at higher field speeds.
The tip of each boom can be independently raised and lowered during operation with manual hydraulic controls from inside the cab. The venturi air manifold system is supplied by a 17 inch hydraulically driven fan.
The 6700 is controlled using the same proven technology found on Salford’s pull-type rate control ready for JDRC2000 applicators. The JDRC2000 controller offers full swath variable rate and LH/RH section control capability. For John Deere® Sprayers, the 6700 can also be ordered as “rate control ready”, which includes all sensors, flow control valves, and the main implement harness. The “rate control ready” option excludes the Salford Spreader ECU while allowing the customer to install a compatible 3rd party controller. PWM valves are used to control the chains and roller motors, giving the system quick response times for changing application rates.
Boom functions are controlled using a switch box that mounts neatly into the cab console.
Application and Usage
The 6700 is ideal for granular fertilizer application, either broadcast prior to seeding, or post-emergence between rows, with the optional drop tube kit.
The optional drop tube kit, combined with the high clearance sprayer body, also allows the 6700 to apply cover crops into standing corn before leaf drop, allowing cover crops to begin establishing before harvest in regions with shorter growing seasons.
The 6700’s micro hopper is also capable of metering granular chemicals.
The hopper comes with a complete mounting kit that includes: hydraulic connections for pressure, return, load sense, and case drain. For ease of installation, the hopper comes with 4 lift points for installation. Additional standard features for easy installation include: lighting and ISOBUS quick connections, along with mounting hardware.
60' 200 CU-FT - 409 STAINLESS STEEL - 60' Spread with 30" Outlet Spacing for Inter-Row Application
72' 200 CU-FT - 409 STAINLESS STEEL - 72' Spread with 27" Outlet Spacing - Broadcast Use Only
- Configuration single product w/ micronutrients hopper
- Main Bin Capacity
(Micro-hopper partition gate open): 200 cu-ft
- Secondary Bin Capacity
(Micro-hopper partition gate closed): 160 cu-ft
- Micronutrient hopper capacity: 40 cu-ft
- Roll Tarp: Electric roll tarp
- Work Lights: 3 external, 1 internal
- John Deere® 4930, 4940, R4045
- Pre-Plant (Spring)
- Post-Emerge (Top-Dress & Inter-Row)
- Post-Harvest (Fall)
- Dry (Granular) fertilizer, cover crop, granular chemical
- Prescription Ready: Yes
- 2-Sections (LH & RH) - Manual & automatic control
- Max Rate: 400 lbs @ 14 mph (Main Meter) - Using product density of 65 lbs/cu/ft
- Hydraulic varible rate
- Venturi distribution with 17" hydraulic fan
- Fan: 17" hydraulic w/ case drain
METERING & APPLICATION RATES
- Duel independent driven, LH & RH 14" stainless steel mesh conveyors (2-sections)
- Hydraulic (Variable Rate)
- Ground speed of 14 mph
- Configuration: LH & RH rollers (2-Sections)
- Drive: Hydraulic (Variable Rate)
- Roller Meter Options: 28-Groove staggered flute or 12-groove straight flute
- Main Bin Max = 400 lbs/acre
- Main Bin Min = 50 lbs/acre
- Micro Bin, 28 Groove Meter Roller, Max = 35 lbs/acre
- Micro Bin, 28 Groove Meter Roller, Min = 5 lbs/acre
- Micro Bin, 12 Groove Meter Roller, Max = 60 lbs/acre
- Micro Bin, 12 Groove Meter Roller, Min = 10 lbs/acre
- Chassis supplied hydraulics & cooling
- Feed, return, case drain & load sensor connections to chassis manifold.
- PWM controlled metering.
- 60' Row crop inter-row, 72' broadcast spread width
- 304 stainless steel
- Outlet Spacing: 30" - Configured for inter-row or broadcast application on 60'
- Outlet Spacing: 27" - Configured for broadcast application on 60' or 72'
- Inter-row drop tubes: Optional
- Electro-hydraulic boom fold with independent LH / RH folding.
- Boom functions controlled by cab console mounted switch box.
- Suspension: Hydraulic w/ accumulators
- Boom Tip Height Adjustment: LH & RH manual control
- Rate Controller: ISOBUS / Rate control ready for JDRC2000 ECU (sensors, flow control, harnessing).
- Harness connections to cab for road and work lights.